Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

No Clock Day: Time Management Includes Playing Hooky

I took a No-Clock Day today. Mike and I both took the day off and reveled in the idea that the rest of the world was in a week day routine. We had no appointments and no need to worry about the clock. I wanted it to be a spontaneous day. I did do the laundry and we stopped at the hardware store and the bank, but we avoided all "job stuff" as much as possible.

At 11 AM I decided to go for a run. I had to rummage through the closet for my running shoes. I hadn't gone running in at least a year. It was pushed to the back burner because the weather was never right or Eirne needed my attention or I had just eaten (I must have been eating all day long).

It was a nice run. And then I stopped at the farmer's market. I read all the newspapers that piled up. I even listened to some podcasts. It was nice to have a No-Clock Day.

I was surprised that I didn't feel even a little guilty about skipping a lot of "work" chores. I did begin a mental list of what to do tomorrow, but I should be much more organized and focused because of this extra day of rest.

When is your next No-Clock Day?

See you at the table...the adjusting table.

................................................................................................
Get your own book store ... Get all the perks

No comments: