Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Beware: The News Doesn't Want You to Know and is Super Slow to Tell You

 Ah Ha !!!  This is the hard truth about the media.  They keep important matters under wraps until it is too late.  Then the media acts as if it is doing you a favor by reporting on it.....years... decades too late. 

This is media-malpractice.  Or you can just call it plain old deception. 

What I am about to discuss here on my blog today is nothing new.  For me, it is old news.  But for most of America, the people are in shock!!  

Allow me to give you my take on Matt Walsh's recent video: 

(By the way, let's see how long it stays up on YouTube.)


Just a reminder here: If you wonder why I go on on these tangents, not related to chiropractic, that's because they are not tangents.  They are important.  They are very much important to me as a chiropractor because chiropractic is about how the brain is perceiving your environment.  If your brain's perception is not what you like, you need to change it.  We use chiropractic to set the stage for new learning, new experiences, and efficient healing/rebuilding. 

Here we go.  Matt Walsh relives the Tom Cruise/Matt Lauer confrontation about psychiatric medications in a Today show interview from 2005.  Mr. Walsh commends Tom Cruise for being "right on the money," that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance and that no one has really tested people for proof before putting them on a psychiatric drug. 

The conversation played on Matt Walsh's video centered around Adderall and Ritalin.  What wasn't included was Tom Cruise's criticism of Brooke Shields' use of medication for postpartum depression. 

Tom Cruise mentions psychiatric abuse, the history of psychiatry, and the drugging of children.  He adds that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance and he has gone far back in the research to understand how the faulty theory took on a life of its own. 

So, Molecular Psychiatry published an umbrella study last week showing there is no evidence that low serotonin is correlated with depression.  Please take note, this study was a collaboration of scientists from the U.K., Switzerland, and Italy.  Would this have happened in the U.S.?  I highly doubt it.  

On a side note highlighting the bias in American research, the researchers who published findings that popular drugs caused mitochondrial damage revealed it was very difficult getting published because it was an ugly truth about prescription medications.  Academic freedom and peer review are jokes.  (I'm not laughing.)

There is a strong, rich pharmaceutical lobby.    You understand which groups pay for TV advertising.  Remember that.

I recently read an article discussing the questionable ideas about inflammation.  Inflammation may NOT be the enemy or the cause of diseases, such as atherosclerosis. The author had surprising findings that led to a  backlash.  Publishers don't want to upset the apple cart when old ideas are shown to be wrong.  Doctors are in a panic if their entire career is based on faulty information.  

Many have questioned the biological theory of mental illness for a long time. I was one of them. For example, Linus Pauling  was one who had strong opinions, and experiences with Orthomoleculuar Psychiatry. Peter Breggin also knew drugs were not the answer.  I wrote about him in my Doctors Who Jumped Ship Series.  

This news story about the debunked  serotonin theory can no longer be hidden, thanks to Molecular Psychiatry.  The news has to report on it, finally. In addition, I will mention, Molecular Psychiatry is the same journal that highlighted subluxation based chiropractic (a brain specific niche in chiropractic) as a very successful approach to addiction treatment, with longer lasting results (2001). We have so many safe treatments that are the opposite of the brain damaging poisoning of psychiatric drugs. 

My master's degree was not about drugging.  I was learning how to introduce people to new ways of thinking, helping them work through their problems so they could be self empowered.  My goal was to help people grow from their challenges.  (Not numb them from their challenges.)

That's why I first studied to become a teacher at SUNY Cortland. My passion was short lived because of a compelling talk in my creative discipline class taught by Dr. Thomas Lickona.  That one day, it was brought to our attention that Japan had a very high rate of student suicides. 

This reminded me of our neighbor to the south, Cornell University.  The gorges and bridges have been sites of many suicides. Although, Cornell does not have a higher rate of suicides among colleges, it's still a sobering thought.  During my freshmen year at Ithaca college, one week before Thanksgiving break, a student jumped to his death from the 13th floor of the East Tower. That may have had an impact on me. 

So, during my fourth year of college discussing suicide rates for Japanese students, I was wondering if I really wanted to be part of any kind of high pressure educational system.  I knew then I was going to eventually become a counselor. 

The emphasis on medication for mental illness threw me for a loop.  In my position as a therapist, I quickly learned the ins and outs of psychotropic medication.  

When I first heard of the biological theory of mental illness, I was confused. I didn't learn it in my master's program and it was just a given in the psychiatric world.  I wondered how it was known that someone had an imbalance of brain chemicals?  I wondered if people really had chemical imbalances in their brains, shouldn't they be dead?  I mean, it's a legit question worth asking.  No one talked about measuring these chemicals.  Would you have to cut open the brain?  But if you had 5 out of 10 symptoms, according to the DSM, (a big fat book that makes you look really smart) congratulations!  You are depressed.  Now take these toxic substances....forever!


It became depressing to me.   People got worse.  They did not get better.  They were called non-compliant if they complained about side effects or quit taking them. Family members belittled them.  It was not a pleasant environment sometimes.  And when professionals are fed up with someone's darkness, ship them off to the hospital so you can have a break.  It's not a break for the patient. It is a nightmare. 

I ran a support group for people labeled "bi-polar."  They were devastated that they could no longer cry.  This was a medication side effect. They became robots. Many were severely preoccupied with suicide feeling as if it was their only way out. Their lives were miserable. But I had strong empathy and my eyes were wide open to the over emphasis on drugs stripping away people's self respect and independence. 

And, the mind-body connection was ignored.  When patients fell through the cracks because they talked about physical pain, they were sent off to internal medicine.  When their tests were normal, they were told it was all in their heads.  Bounced around with no one taking a real interest in their misery. 

I decided I couldn't participate in a system that I would never send my family members to. Black box warnings weren't a thing until 2004, but I saw the writing on the wall.  SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) were bad news. I knew this back in 1995.  And it took so many decades for the institutions to admit it was a fraud.  

I left my job to go to chiropractic college.  I learned on my own that chiropractic had a successful history helping people with mental challenges.  Chiropractic hospitals were a huge success until they faded away, thanks to the drug monopoly.  

It's also disappointing how my chiropractic forefathers in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s  have whittled chiropractic down to a back pain specialty.  Nothing special about that.  They abandoned the successful chiropractic hospitals. They gutted the real approach to whole body health just to feel accepted in the sandbox rather than stand up for health freedom OR TRUTH.

The interesting follow up on the Tom Cruise sound bytes is he is being criticized for being a scientologist.  For some reason his opinion should be barred from public discourse. Yet, he is certainly allowed to do his own research and come up with a conclusion. 

I am a chiropractor, and the same goes for me.  How can I be so critical of a health care program?  Because I look at what doesn't make the news.  I look at the information that's placed on the back shelf. I dig for the buried stories that aren't popular. 

Many medical frauds could no longer be hidden away.  Illegal research such as Tuskegee eventually was revealed. The deception of Thalidomide couldn't be hidden.  A Chocrane Review published this year (2022) shows 94% of established interventions are not evidence based.  Are you following the crowd just because it's the thing to do?

Let's look over the timeline of voices trying to get the truth out:

Linus Pauling - 1960s

Peter Breggin - 1970s to the present

Tom Cruise - He happened to have an opportunity on a talk show in 2005, yet he is told to stay in his lane.  But this is everybody's lane.  

I don't want to be told there is only one option for my health.  You don't want your loved ones suffering because of misleading information.

Matt Walsh touches on subjects that get people emotionally riled up.  I get especially riled up over deceptive medical practices that are obviously dangerous. Poison is not progress. It never will be. 

Do you want to build your health in a way that is logical? Are you interested in working with your body, not against it?  Yes, this requires you to redefine health, and redefine treatment approaches.  I redefine what pain and sickness really means, so you are not at a loss and full of fear.  You already have the tools.  You just need to learn how to use them. 

I teach that.  I teach you to ask the unpopular questions and not shrink away from unpopular answers. 

Chiropractic is a teaching method.  I teach you to make different choices.  I teach your spine to help your brain perceive the environment properly. 

Brain First is Body Freedom.


Coming up: "Bone on Bone." Why it is irresponsible to ever say it.

--Dr. Lisa

Your Health Freedom Coach

Liberating Your Nervous System from Unacceptable Ideas (like aging)

Expand Your Talents Beyond Your Comfort Zone.







No comments: