Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vacations Keep You Healthy

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
A vacation away (for more than a day)keeps the burn out at bay...


...............................

Today is June 17, 2008. Schools will soon be out. It is summer time. Let me warn you now, it will fly by so fast and we'll be looking at changing leaves on Labor Day Weekend.

If you're like me, summer is over as soon as you turn around. I have seen many summers come and go without taking any kind of break. We live in the Finger Lakes and there is so much to do. How many times did I say, "I'll get to it," and then don't? I didn't even go to the State Fair last year and possibly the year before, I don't remember that far back.

We are in a workaholic culture. We think we can't afford it. We think vacations are more work than work!

People who don't take vacations are not as healthy as they could be. Check out this Forbes article:
Ten Healthy Reasons to Take a Vacation

So, plan now. Pull out your calendar, pick out a date and come up with a trip whether it is close by or some place near the equator. You don't even have to leave town. You can plan activities you don't get to do any other time (fun activities, not chores). Just don't keep in touch with work.

There is a book called The Four Hour Work Week. It is quite an interesting concept. I did read the book, but it made me anxious learning how the author does it. So, I should read it over a few times and let it sink in because I am not ready for it. But, who knows...

So I am making plans...
What are yours?

See you at the tabel...the adjusting table.

Dr. Lisa

............................................

Sometimes you need a medical detective
.............................................

No comments: