Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Stop the Presses --- Because It's Not Relevant


The whole point of chiropractic is to adjust the spine so it can unwind the stress of your life, giving you a refreshed energy to live the whole human experience  --- regardless of pain, whether you are in pain or not in pain.   

That's it.    Now, enjoy my musings.  You may relate. 

.......................

Another rant, here.  But this is when I really get into deep thought. 

The local newspapers and TV news stations everywhere report the high flu count.  But don't forget, they began warning you months ago that a tough season was on its way here.  So .... a self fulfilling prophesy.

The local paper reported on the how full the hospital was.  And, I am perplexed, because a hospital is full of sick people.  Imagine that.  It should not be news.  But yet it is.....for a special reason, and that is to get you hyped up and afraid.  And for 99% of people, they never get sick, but the media wants you to have the fear festering in the back of your head, wearing out your nervous system. 

This highlighted sickness that is given a special name, (even though the symptoms are not special at all,) is apparently on the rise and you need to be ready for it as if it is a burglar trying to break down your front door. 

Yet, there is no news alert if heart attacks are on the rise.  Cancer jumps haven't made the headlines. Diabetes is increasing every year, but it gets ignored. 

I am pointing out a huge disparity in health reporting, or awareness.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  The repeated message becomes your nocebo.  If it's on the  news and you believe it, you will be at risk of joining the statistical pool of sick people. 

You don't have to join. 

Especially when the information is wrong.  Yes!  I said it.  It is not the way you should be viewing your brain and body. 

We've been told a sad story.  We've been told that symptoms are bad and lead to disease.  Even in chiropractic school when I thought I was taking a different journey, the message was very similar. While chiropractic used natural  methods to "get people well," the teaching was still the same. I was taught there is bad health and good health.  We were taught how to detect "abnormal."  In the end I was taught how to write a fantastic treatment plan.  But, does that mean the person "gets well?"

I was taught to look for "red flags." I'm still haunted by my relentless search for "red flags."  Let me say here that this vocabulary is part of the nocebo effect. 

If someone says, "I don't want to give you my cold," you have a decision to make.  Because no one gives you a cold.  You create the runny nose and sneezes within your brain.  Maybe you don't want to be left out, excluded from the symptoms....Hmmm.   Maybe you feel empathy for someone..... Maybe you are sharing the same feelings of rejection or unappreciation.....  We share beliefs and experiences.  But do we really share germs and endanger each other?  That's not my world.  In fact, the last two years supports that.  You'd think in my office where I am touching people all day long and "breathing down their necks" I would have been in the hospital every two weeks!!

Belonging to a group is hardwired in our brain for survival.  But there are certain groups we need to separate ourselves from. 

I've chosen to separate myself from the "sick group."

But the negative programming is frustrating me.  It's everywhere and it's out there for a reason.  

When I say I offer you health freedom.  I am giving you a choice. 

You can pursue this further with the Brain First / Body Freedom Protocol 

......

Chiropractic was birthed out of a different philosophy.

You can't mix it with the paradigm that already failed you. 

If you're living with frustration and feel as if we're all destined to have sickness and disease, please leave that mind-set at the door.  

You are invited to walk through the door with a fresh set of eyes. 


----See you at the table.  The chiropractic table.

---- Dr. Lisa

      Your Health Freedom Advocate. 

Brain First, Body Follows.  Brain First IS Body Freedom.



No comments: