Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Your Language is Demoralizing. Can I Inspire You?


Before I enrolled in chiropractic college I learned chiropractic was a profound way to remove a serious obstacle that keeps people from living their highest potential.  

Then I became a chiropractic college student.  Ugh.  It was soooo boring.  How did I survive?  Does memorizing the nitty gritty molecular details of the vertebral disc give me opportunity to help you grow your talents? Um. No. 

I did it anyway. I learned it.  I wondered when we would be getting to the good stuff.  It didn't happen.  The information was oriented to pathology and disease naming.  I didn't realize my optimism was being sucked right out of my own brain. That was crafty of them.  I wanted to be a good student. This was the most challenging thing I had taken on in my life at the time. Not to mention it was self abuse, if you don't my openness. 

In my spare time, when I needed an outlet from this drivel, I did a lot of extra reading in subjects that interested me.  They were typically articles and books about the mind-body connection.  I searched out unique chiropractic information that none of my professors were aware of.  Hmm....There are two worlds of health language.  And the  language you pick makes the difference in your life.

The mainstream medical language we were all taught does nothing but destroy our self concept and confidence.  

In fact, children today are born sick, raised sick, and made sicker each year of their lives.   

Right from the get-go they have no idea what authentic health feels like....the vitality God intended them to have.  

Under the pressures to make nice with everyone around me and keep my business afloat I let myself get distracted with everyone's language of health.  No problem, I'll teach them....  Easier said than done. 

As I come clean here I mentioned some time ago that I needed to learn more about the body so I could honor the mind-body connection. 

People don't want to learn about their bodies.  They want to manipulate their bodies.  And guess what?  It doesn't work. Your brain is the boss, it will always take charge. And that's why people get disappointed.  They assume they can be successful with medicine, but they truly need to just be a partner with their brains. 

Step one is to stop bitching about pain and find out what it really means.  And second, stop using the word heal because the body does not need to heal.

More to come.  I hope you are still interested in this wonderful journey.  Today may be the day you Upgrade Your Journey.

That means to honestly turn over a new leaf and not just placate yourself with demoralizing ideas. 



No comments: