Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chiropractic 101: Where's Your List?


When you visit my website I do not have a list. Many people expect to see the list of all the things chiropractic helps. Or more the of the kinds of conditions that chiropractic is most well known for treating. [Newsflash ** We don't treat anything because all parts of the body are inter-related. Chiropractors don't single out one over another]

I don't have a list. Because it is wrong.

Reading "the list" on a website is the wrong way to decide to go to a chiropractor.

Here are a few reasons why:

#1 - Self Diagnosis - it's okay, you might be spot on but you need to be open minded to the actual way chiropractic influences the body. If your curiosity gets you through the door of my office, I welcome you. But, be ready for learning how to empower yourself in a way not presented to you by the medical arena.

#2 - Self Diagnosis - on the other hand, if your assumptions keep you out of the office, you are missing out on a great healing opportunity. Maybe you need healing from something else that you haven't considered?

#3 - You don't have to be in pain to get adjusted. Revisit this blog post about people without pain getting even better when adjusted.

#4 - Warning Signs? - We usually wait until pain shows up before we take action, but what if I taught you some more important warning signs that are not painful?

#5 - If I limit myself, I also limit you. Should I turn people away if they have a condition that is usually not connected with mainstream chiropractic? Should I turn away a pregnant lady? A child? Someone with an immune disorder? Someone with cancer? I take care of people, not diseases.

You can live your Best Life Always, or you can just put out fires.

So, if I put a list on my website with 10 or 15 skeletal issues that chiropractic might be good for, it makes people think they may not be suitable for chiropractic care. I never want someone to be in the dark about chiropractic.

You won't see a list at my site.

See you at the table...the chiropractic table.

--Dr. Lisa
Your Health Freedom Advocate

4 comments:

waukesha wi chiropractors said...

Chiropractic care will be an integral part of my prenatal care from the get-go!
I truly believe that our regular visits contribute to our overall health and well-being. We rarely fall ill, and when we do, our illnesses are short-lived and our symptoms are mild.

Lisa Ann Homic, M.Ed. D.C. said...

Great! That is the way to go. I was adjusted all through my pregnancy. I also found the Brewer Pregnancy Diet a God send! I even spoke with Dr. Brewer from his retirement home by phone. He has since passed and no one else in the OB world really speaks out the way he did.

Unknown said...

Our team of health professionals specialize in performing trigger point injection therapy on these troubled and inflammed muscles and help accelerate the healing and recovery time for our patients. yorba linda ca chiropractors

Unknown said...

Our team of health professionals specialize in performing trigger point injection therapy on these troubled and inflammed muscles and help accelerate the healing and recovery time for our patients.