Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Chiropractic's Mental Illness Cure



I gave a talk this week on the depression trap. I spoke on chiropractic's early history of chiropractic mental hospitals. No drugs were used! Probably there was a lot of kindness, empathy and of course...adjustments! Plenty of adjustments!

This article, Chiropractic in Mental Ailments, published in 1957 used the word "cure" because it was highly successful. The statistics showed nearly a 99% rate of improvement. A judge who saw inpatients in his courtroom, tried to pass new laws to include chiropractic in all hospitals.

Because this article used the word "cure" I see nothing wrong with using the word today. We know the scary history of psychopathic drugs and Peter Breggin, M.D., spent his career speaking out on the brain damage caused by medicine's psychiatric treatments. Read his blog. I am always bewildered why folks submit to damaging their own brains.

In the 1957 article, a physicist states very clearly that people are in mental distress when their nerves are physically irritated. It is not in their mind. It is in their bodies! Why should people feel bad about themselves and feel as if they really have little control, especially when told to snap out of it!

The recent discovery that the limbic system extends into the spinal cord absolutely changes how we look at emotional health. It is more physiology than psychology. The spine actually fuels the brain like a windmill generating nerve energy. A lifetime of spinal restrictions is going to have a negative effect. Spinal care is critical for total health.

The group I was speaking to was completely astonished when I showed them old photos of chiropractic mental hospitals located all over the country. Look here for the photos.


They were also astonished when I said I never learned this in chiropractic college. I sought out this information on my own because of my own interest in promoting mental health in a way that is empowering.

Sadly, these hospitals are gone for numerous reasons. Drugs seemed to be the quick fix and chiropractors in the 1960's through today decided to put themselves in the limiting box of back care. To me this does a terrible disservice to those who are suffering with mental stress resorting to prescription pills that steal their freedom.

For more information, ask me for a consult. I will post future speaking engagements in my newsletter.

See you at the table...the adjusting table.

--Dr. Lisa
Your Health Freedom Advocate

......................

LiveFullyToday.com

No comments: