Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Voluntary or Involuntary Journey


One of my chiropractic mentors recently wrote that there are two types of health care: voluntary and involuntary. Voluntary is for the type of health care people choose because they want to be at their best performance in all areas of their lives. It is planned out. On the other hand, involuntary health care is something that is not planned out. It comes up out of the blue like an accident that requires immediate medical attention. If it is something that makes you miss work or a social event. Perhaps you are home sick in bed. This is certainly involuntary. It is always something that makes us sit back and say:

"Gee, I guess doing back flips without a net wasn't a good idea."

or

"I knew staying up all night for the last three days was going to do me in and make me miss the Superbowl Party."

We often think back after the fact.

But, voluntary health care is when you think ahead.

"I know when I get to the gym three times a week my mind is clearer."

"I am going to get adjusted every Wednesday because I know it makes a difference in my attitude, energy, and my asthma."

What kind of thinker are you?
In Barbara Hoberman Levine's book, Your Body Believes Every Word You Say,"flexible thinking creates flexible bodies."

I invite you to think about your life as a voluntary journey filled with vitality.

Remember,
You get to choose.

See you at the table...the adjusting table.

--Dr. Lisa
Your Health Freedom Coach

No comments: