Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Letter to Health Care for America Now


I found an interesting grassroots website called Health Care for America Now

I have responded to their email campaign by explaining to them why I am unable to vote because I don't agree with either of the two choices offered. Take a look at the site and read what I sent to them in an email.


............................................
Dear Health Care for America Now:



I found your website but I cannot vote since I don't like either of the choices on your petition. I believe in some portions of your statement of common purpose, but there is too much emphasis on insurance.



#1 I want employers to get out of the health insurance business. People should buy the plan of their choice. Currently that is not available now because big companies have pushed out the individuals. Employers should stop offering health insurance.



#2 Health insurance should only be for hospital care and emergencies. If people paid out of pocket for doctors visits, including drugs, maintenance and prevention the prices would go down and people would be taking better care of themselves. I truly want the health insurance industry out of everyday non-emergency health care. It should be more like car insurance.





#3 People have turned dumb when it comes to their own health. If insurance doesn't cover something, mostly prevention, they turn their backs on it, even if it is the most simple and effective way to take care of themselves. Deductibles and co-pays are too confusing for people to sift through and contribute to the dumbing down of the health care consumer. The Explanation of Benefits consumers receive (EOB's) are not helpful. Get rid of all the complicated terminology and policies. Cover a health care service and pay the provider without all the hoops to jump through or don't cover it.



Create a better petition and then I will vote.



I am a chiropractor and I have seen when people don't write the check out themselves for their own health care, they stop exercising their responsibility to be informed about their mental and physical needs. They really put their brains on auto-pilot and stay unhealthy. I sound like I am insulting my practice members, however, they are an exceptional group. They do not believe health insurance is the answer to the chronic illnesses the U.S. is facing. They have been educated by their chiropractors and other wellness professionals. They know a grassroots campaign like yours is still asking for more government involvement and not empowering to the consumer. Please go back to the drawing board. Just like less government is the answer, less insurance is also the answer.



Thank you,

Dr. Homic



.........................

Lisa Ann Homic, M.Ed. D.C.

Homic Advanced Chiropractic

Auburn, NY 13021

http://drhomic.com



315-277-1362


Remember,
You Get to Choose.

See you at the table...the chiropractic table.

Dr. Lisa
Your Health Freedom Coach

No comments: