Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Saturday, January 28, 2006

What An Insurance Company Thinks About Drugs

Click Here to Learn About The New Health Insurance Solution

Excellus BlueCross BlueShield published a report in its newsletter titled, "The Facts about Potential Savings from Generic Drugs in Upstate New York." It is posted on the website: Excellus BC BS.

It states if every county in upstate New York increased its generic drug use $880 million would be saved. In Central New York the savings would be $289 million. Imagine what this money could be used for. Would this amount of money help lower our overall health insuracne premiums?

Chiropractic is a drugless health profession. That is one of the reasons why I chose to become a doctor of chiropractic. Another reason for choosing chirorpactic is because of its whole body approach. I work with patients to develop their entire wellness outlook from mind, to body, to spirit. Everyone is born with an innate intelligence that functions independently without us thinking about it. Innate intelligence cannot be synthesized in a laboratory test tube. You can only be born with it. It is also up to us to nurture our innate intelligence and refrain from exposing our bodies to unnatural, toxic substances as well as destructuve, toxic thoughts. I prefer to work with people on this holistic, whole body level because it allows me to be more involved in their progress as human beings on a life long journey of growth. That may be a selfish attribute, but it keeps me passionate, enerigzing me to help as many people as I can.

Back to the Excellus study. While the report concentrates on swtiching from name brand drugs to generic drugs, I take that thought farther by encouraging my patients to avoid all drugs possible. Another reason I chose to be a doctor in a drugless profession is because I do not want the responsibilty of caring for patients while they are taking drugs with side effects prescribed by me. I do not want to live with the thought that my recommending a drug to someone may have caused irreversible consequences. It also saves me money on my malpractice premiums for taking on this serious responsibility.

Could the $880 million in savings be increased even more by not using drugs? If half the people stopped taking prescription drugs, then an estimated $1.3 billion could be saved? That is close to the annual budget of my local government. In 50 states that could amount to over $65 billion.

Since most diseases of our time are preventable and caused by life style choices, is this a sensible ideal to strive for? I believe it is. It requires a wellness mind-set and for some it is a "mind-shift." There is a paragidm shift ocurring right now in the wellness industry. The public is damanding a better way to feel good, look good, help care for the environment and remain promote positive thinking. Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People talks about paradigm shifts and how evolutionary they are.

If I can get people reading books, like Dr. Stephen Covey's book, instead of taking drugs, we can all benefit. My wellness coaching program helps people shift their habits to help themselves which in turn helps society on a grande scale. If it seems impossible, wellness coaching can "chunk it down" into doable steps. Every famous athelete has a coach. It only makes sense to benefit from a coach, too!

What is Addiction Recovery Support Coaching?

Create Purpose ---Body-Mind Congruence Coaching

No comments: