Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Saturday, December 04, 2021

The Smart Surrender


Get Your Confidence Back!
Looking back on my journey, I've come to the conclusion that no one is interested in the mind/body connection.  Some of you may be the exception.  So, you may relate to my story.  This connection exists whether you acknowledge it or not.  Why live by default when you can make it remarkable? So, I say, give this connection your attention because it will save your life.

When I was a mental health therapist, I thought we were working with the mind.  Turns out not. We were working with manipulation.  That's why I didn't last there too long. The mental health profession actually ignores the mind and the body.  Funny I would say that after all these years.  The mental health field was very good at taking away your dignity. Most of us in the profession had no intention of doing that, but it is a system that belittles people and gives up on them. 

I see BOTH the mental health field and the rest of mainstream medicine letting us down. I went to school to learn about the mind.  I did that.  Then I went back to school to learn about the body.  Checked that off my list, too.  Our knowledge about the body isn't that impressive either. (Disappointing sigh.)

The link between the mind and body is still ignored.  I thought chiropractic college would honor that link and I would find fulfillment.  And there was failure again. Chiropractic college let me down. 

I've seen enough mainstream medicine, mental health care and even modern chiropractic to know we've always cut ourselves short.  We've dropped the ball. We've cheated ourselves. And my journey continued.

I eventually stumbled across the more organized ideas of neuroplasticity and psychoneuroimmunology.  And then I finally realized something.  I knew it instinctively all this time. I had the understanding a long time ago.  I was probably born with it. (You do, too. Reclaim it today.)  

Why did I think I needed some type of formal education to confirm this?  Early programming, of course.  That little birdie inside of you that says you need acceptance and approval from some kind of authority. 

I wanted acknowledgment of some sort.  There's a foolish idea that your "diamond in the rough" talent will be fostered and fulfilled through higher education.  (Sarcastic laugh.)

Many of my peers said to just get through it, get the degree and then go do what you want to do.  Shocked by their comments I wanted to believe I could glean great clinical pearls from my professors' experiences. 

You can't go out into the field without some kind of degree, and the certification that you jumped through the hoops.  And did these hoops help me find what I was searching for? Somewhat...and I've made my peace with it because I have a job to do.  People need their confidence back. 

I can only do what I know best, what resonates with my soul.  

You can partner with your mind and body or you can be one big cantankerous hindrance to your mind and body. 

Sad to say this, but most holistic healers have no idea what it means to partner with the mind and body. It took me a while to get out of that trance, too. 

So, how's your journey going?  I just laid it bare here with my confession. Are you ready to upgrade your journey?

Whatever you're dealing with, we can partner with your brain and body rather than feel like we're at battle.  Even if you are using "natural remedies" and it feels like a battle, I have an alternative for you. 

There is no battle that needs to be won.  You only need to be a partner. 

I teach that. 

Can't wait to hear from you. 

See you at the table....the chiropractic adjusting table.

--Dr. Lisa

How I Talked Myself Out of Headaches // Ed. Workshop

(limited time health workshop)

Read Here About the Doctors Who Jumped Ship

No comments: