Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Stop Being an Expert on Your Disease

 

Is a Diagnosis a Badge of Honor?  This might be a touchy subject, but there should be an open discussion regarding the ownership people take over a diagnosis given to them by a doctor.  

Folks come to me and tell me what they already have.  I try to pull people out of that mind-set.  I find it very depressing.  They are so accepting of someone else's title or label lavished upon them. I prefer they ignore that kind of identity. 

This is what I often hear:
They inform me that they have arthritis. I say, "so what?"
They have bone on bone.  My response, "I don't care."
They have an autoimmune disease.  Again, I don't care. 
I already know I have sciatic.  Me: Oh really? You do?
There's a knot over here.  Me: Nice... but I'm not really impressed. 


They are telling me what they think I want to hear. 
I don't want to hear that.

Then I get to hear about all the treatments they have tried.  Some work for a while.  Some don't work at all.  Some treatments made them worse. They probably will go for the latest new surgical technique and the saga goes on and on.  

They just know the current scenario they are in and they live whatever kind of story the Mayo Clinic website tells them.  

If you're going to repeat what everyone else has said, where is the new health?  Where are you going to go?  If you allow the textbooks to predict your future, we're in a heap of trouble. 

If you are an expert on your disease, you are not living --- you are just existing. 

You need to be an expert in yourself.  You need to be an expert in your brain's perception.  You need to put more faith in your nervous system instead of a broken medical system. 

You are not a disease.  I shouldn't have to state the obvious.  

If you are looking for something different, it's time your language was different. 

Welcome to Brain Based Chiropractic. 
Welcome to a world that responds to your brain and not the old, tired textbooks.
Your brain has a better perception of what is possible, if you let it thrive. 

Move Your Brain
Feed Your Brain
Talk to Your Brain

You don't have to be an expert in your disease.  Be an expert in you!
See you at the table.....the adjusting table. 
--Dr. Lisa

No comments: