Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Saturday, March 10, 2012

After the Stress

Alternate titles for this article:

When the doctor has troubles

Easy come easy go


So I let a mental stressor take over my life during the month of January.  For my poor family, I was not that much fun at home, especially in the evenings when we were all tired at the end of the day.  I worked through my issue and it has been a memory for quite some time.  That was in January and it is now March.

The problem is the after effects.  I let my diet go.  I let my workouts go.  I began staying up too late at night and  found it more difficult to get up early enough to do an adequate work out.  The diet is probably the easier one to fix.  I resumed better eating with a sincere commitment to myself.

I began taking the Metagenics supplement, Phyto-Multi and this gave me fast improvements. I slept better and had more energy.  I still have to make an effort to quit all my activities at 9 PM and just get to bed.  I am getting better at that, as well.

My workouts were probably affected the most and that is a little disheartening.  For two weeks at Christmas I allowed myself to eat anything I wanted and that didn't help when the new year rolled around.   When your carbohydrate intake is too high, you cannot work out with your usual intensity.  I always notice it the very next day after a high carbohydrate meal.  I get tired very quickly and my muscles give out much too soon.  It almost feels as if I am coming down with a cold.   (What's the big deal with carbs?)  (Whole grains are not your friend)

It's also easy to correct if  too much time hasn't elapsed.  If you lay off your work out for about two weeks you will have to start from scratch all over again.  That's how quickly we lose muscle tone.  If I go three days without a work out, I have to use lighter weights and take more rests.

During this time off the routine someone can easily come down with a cold or flu like illness and once that is over it takes even more time to get back into balance.


Lesson learned.

It isn't easy to get back up to speed.   I am blaming it on boredom with my current collection of workout DVDs. Often we blame aging and old injuries.But should we?

Before the thaw of winter finally comes by spring, I will be back to my usual routine.  I'm fed up with the dragging feeling.

So join me in turning over a new leaf ...or shamrock.
Don't forget to keep up with your adjustments.  And remember, adjustments don't work when the interference is greater.  Poor diet, lousy exercise, no sleep. dehydration, mineral deficiencies are all terrible interferences.

Stress effects have a prolonged effect.  That is why people are depressed, overweight, diabetic, having issues with metabolic syndrome.  The spine develops calcium deposits.  Muscles become spasmed. Scar tissue takes hold.  The brain loses healing connections with the body.

But not in our office.  We are dedicated to health building.

See you at the table...the adjusting table.

--Dr. Lisa
--Your Health Freedom Advocate


What's new at Primal-Chiro?

Why grains aren't good


No comments: