Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Nervous System is First Again: The Chiropractic Wake Up


In the book, Fun is Good: How to Create Joy & Passion in Your Workplace & Career, pg 3 has a profound sentence:

"Most of us take the wrong approach to our career. We look at what's out there , and try to fit ourselves to a role. Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

I did it! I confess. Sitting in the career office in high school waiting to meet with my guidance counselor who told me which schools I should try to attend. In my last semeseter of college I wrote the kind of resume I was told would get me the job. I looked for jobs!

I tried to fit into something. But we weren't made that way by God's infinite intelligence. We are all different genetically and spiritually. But we try to be something already copied by someone else.

The author, Mike Veeck, teaches his readers how to follow their own ideas of how they should desisgn their careers. He suggests employers should allow for more individuality and creativity.

This can be applied to health care, too. Our health care options are so predictable that the country is now calling for universal health care. "Medical standard of care" allows for little discussion or difference of opinion. Alternative health care is still called unproven although I know that is very inaccurate.

To me what is now called alternative health care was really in the mainstream a short 150 years ago. I have noticed chiropractic is rarely included in the alternative health care category. Mostly you hear about massage, acupuncture, nutrition, energy medicine, but not chiropractic. Yet, chiropractic is not included in medicine and dentistry, the so-called mainstream, either.

Chiropractic stands alone in a category all its own. I hope it stays that way. Now that I have spent too many years trying to fit in. Now it is the time to stand alone.

I don't really have to stand alone. I have a group of practice members who realize the difference between the medical, outside in approach and the chiropractic, inside out approach to wellness.

All health, healing, and existence are centered around mind-spine-intelligent desgin. The nervous system was formed first in utero. Sadly, the nervous system isn't first to most people. For those who decided to break away, the nervous system is first again.

Remember, you get to choose.
See you at the table...the adjusting table.

--Dr. Lisa
Your Health Freedom Coach.


Create Purpose

No comments: