Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Monday, April 27, 2009

Running for Your Life


I ran a 5 K this past Saturday and had a wonderful time. I had not been running much during the winter and planned on taking a nice slow jog. My nephew Ethan got caught up in the excitement and decided to run with me. He was not signed up and my sister had no idea he would be interested. He is 6 years old and enjoys soccer, but he seemed too young for a 5K race. Boy, were we surprised. He kept up with me and was a lot of fun to root for. I had to stop twice to tie his laces but his excitement was fabulous.

His eleven year old sister ran a good race, too. I joked with her that she was much faster this year because she was concentrated more on running and less on chatting with her girlfriends which she seemed to do more of during last year's race.

The race was in Naples, NY, my sister's current home town. The community was very supportive. The whole morning was a great time. There were a number of exceptional participants who improved over the past year along with a few newcomers who never began running until this year.

Three entrants took over 90 minutes to finish and a group waited to cheer them toward the finish line. I saw one older gentleman who seemed to have a weak leg or deformity and he walked the entire course. He was an inspiration for those who think it is not worth it to try.

Running is usually a solitary sport and I have to admit I get bored easily when I run alone, but entering a race is a wonderful experience. Watching the youngster develop a love of running warms my heart. It is good to see them active and interested in it. Running has kept me "grounded" in healthy habits which can take you a long way in the world of stress and negativity.

Whatever sport or exercise you like to do, stick with it. It's important for your vitality.

Remember,
you get to choose.

See you at the table...the chiropractic table.

--Dr. Lisa
Your health freedom coach

No comments: