Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Autumn Soup

I made soup today. It isn't often that I get this busy in the kitchen (since Mike cooks). I made a minestrone but I wanted to use up the rest of the cabbage. I made an extra batch of veggie soup using the cabbage, onions, and my last butternut squash. I liked the sweet squashing flavor with the onions. I really wanted to make onion soup, so I was getting adventurous with the squash. Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it out. All measurements are estimated. This was a pure impromptu experience.

1 large onion, the humongous kind, chopped but not too finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2-3 celery stalks, chopped, soup style
olive oil for sauteing
1 butternut squash, 1 inch diced cubes
1/4 head of cabbage, chopped
broth/water combo (you choose)
spices to taste

***************

saute onions, garlic
add the celery and saute a bit longer
add the squash and do a quick saute
add the broth/water combo
add the cabbage
simmer, spice, and enjoy

Make sure you have a lot of onions. There should be more onions than squash.


*********************************



Self-Coaching Success

No comments: