Create Your Healing Experience

Is this office the right fit for you? Watch the New Member Orientation Video: CLICK HERE It is required before your first visit.

HOME...What Patients Say. ......Brain First/Body Freedom.......Translate Pain/Anxiety Correctly

Saturday, June 04, 2022

Don't Fear Breaking Some Eggs to Make an Omelette (Rewiring the Nervous System)

I just finished my day at the office.  The place is quiet now and I have charts scattered all around that need to be filed.  After everyone has left, I sometimes sit there in a daze.  Am I just tired? Could be.  A lot of the time I am absorbing what folks are dealing with in their lives. Their pain is a vibrant collage of so many fears, concerns, and disappointments.  I absorb much of these tensions so I have to sit still and let my mind swim around it all. 

In the mainstream world, chiropractic is a watered down treatment for back pain (which is a pathetic attitude toward a profession I love and the people it helps).  My focus on the spine over all these years, is actually centered on the person living within the spine.  

Some days I'm truly blown away at the trials my practice members are working through.  I'm thankful that they have the knowledge about chiropractic's profound impact on brain balancing.  Their commitment to chiropractic care helps them problem solve with a clear mind and a strong body. 

Much of the time, they need a boost in their confidence.  The mainstream attitude is that the body develops problems, it's sick, and is prone to falling apart.  This negativity does not help the situation. 

And the idea of prevention is just as bad.  It reinforces the "body/bad" concept.  It is a constant brain washing that we should be on the lookout for sneaky disease so we can address it early on. Prevention is not even the right word to use.  Prepare to intervene early is more descriptive.  The mind-set of prevention is still an expectation of break down rather than looking at body responses as a genius system of appropriate reactions.  I followed this faulty line of thought regarding prevention, too.  Yuck.  No more.  

I have moments of sadness when people talk to me as if they are imprisoned by their bodies, imprisoned by their problems.  They believe there is only one path to trod.  They don't realize there are options because they are trained to assume there is only one option. 

So, I end my day looking to replenish myself, so I can be ready for the next day's opportunities.  Because I tell my practice members that their experiences are signs of rebuilding and returning toward homeostasis. 

There are times when life throws us fast flying dodge balls and we get hit hard, smack in the face.  Despite being stunned, it is a time of self discovery. 

All health experiences are opportunities for self discovery.  This is an entirely different language.  We don't say disease, treatment, or prognosis.  We say: rebuild, replenish, appreciate, and coordinate, etc.

If this sounds too strange to you, that's ok.  This type of approach requires the prefrontal cortex to be ready to learn and understand the new language.  Someone in pain, fear, frustration is working from the limbic dominant part of the brain.  It takes a while to shift gears. 

Remember Chiropractic Principle #6:  There is no process that does not require time.   (Read all 33 Principles)

The important part is we can make the time meaningful.  No one is spending the time alone.  There is support and there are ways to ease into a new direction. 

Dare to Thrive

The #1 Reason Everyone Needs Chiropractic Care

--- Dr. Lisa

Your Health Freedom Coach


Liberating Your Nervous System from Unacceptable Ideas

Expand Your Talents Beyond Your Comfort Zone.


Pain/Anxiety: Villain or Hero?


Photo: https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/chinese/features/todays-phrase/ep-170418


 



No comments: