Friday, March 18, 2011
High Protein Bad for the Colon? Gotta Rebutt This
Another study on low carb dieting hit the news the other day. Check it out here.
Here's my "beef": (ha ha)
1. In the first part of the article the writer already claimed this study proved nothing! It consisted of 17 volunteers and it lasted only 4 weeks.
2. The first group ate 360 grams of carbs in a day. That is disgusting! The low carb group of 22 grams is too low. Remember Dr. Lutz says 72 grams provides perfect blood sugar. The medium carb group had 181 carbs a day which is still too high.
3. Personally, I don't agree with controlling protein or fat. That should be based solely on appetite and satiety.
4. This study noted that the high protein groups had the lowest fiber. There is a myth out there that high fiber foods coming from carbs are good. They are actually too high in carbs for the fiber to be beneficial. Dr. Lutz cited in his book, Life Without Bread, studies that were much better than this one.
5. Who's to say the high protein group wasn't detoxing the high levels of N-nitroso compounds? They may be linked to cancer but their bodies probably had them trapped in their fat cells prior to the study and were finally clearing them out when under the low carb diet.
I just don't buy this article. For the folks who are on the fence or don't really want to give up their carbs, this is just fuel to keep them believing the dangerous health myths about high carb and low fat diets.
See you at the table...the chiropractic table.
Health Freedom Advocate
Do You Live Fully?
..... "I will teach others to grow from stagnation to elevation through chiropractic empowerment because our health freedom is at risk ...
Welcome to the office website. Thank you for taking the time to watch my introduction to chiropractic for expanding your life experience. ...
Pain , anxiety & low energy are learned. How did that happen? The good news: anything learned can be unlearned with new informat...